What is personal information?Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
How do we collect personal information?Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally, this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquiries about accommodation or other products and services; when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback or when you register as a member and complete your personal profile and preferences.
What personal information do we collect?Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to provide travel services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date, passport details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Bali Villa Collection, including, for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions and any other information you may elect to provide to us. We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided for use in accordance with this Policy unless you tell us otherwise.
When do we act as an agent?When we sell products and services to you, we usually do so as an agent for the provider of those products and services. This means that we usually collect personal information about you, both for our internal purposes and on behalf of the parties for whom we act as an agent, for their internal purposes. Accordingly, the consent you provide under this state to the collection of personal information by us applies equally to the parties whose products and services we sell. For example, if you purchase a villa booking from us, then under this policy you will have consented to your personal information being used by us, being provided to that villa to enable your accommodation to be booked and being used by the villa.
How do we use personal information?We will use your personal information to provide you with accommodation and travel related products and services. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Identification of fraud or error;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you or you have identified an interest in.
- Involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you;
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- For marketing activities; and
- Internal accounting and administration.
- as permitted or required by law;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities;
- to third parties such as accommodation providers and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose, for example, to facilitate and process your accommodation arrangements; and
- to third parties who may involve you in market research for the purpose of servicing our relationship with you and improving the services we provide.